Often, as you move on to doing something else, you forget to log out of Facebook. Let’s say you go to a friend’s house to use their PC, and you forget to log out of your Facebook account. Or you could have used one of the computers in your school’s computer lab and accidentally stayed logged into Facebook afterward. Or even worse, let’s imagine that a hacker obtains your password and has now obtained illegal access to your account.
Even if you are using someone else’s computer or mobile device, you should always log out of your Facebook account after you are through using it. Also, your account could have been compromised by hackers. It is possible to log out of your account from a different device and then use another device to change your password (and ensure you have set up Two-Factor Authentication as well). So in this article we will learn the best way to log out of Facebook across all of your devices.
The best way to log out of Facebook across all of your devices.
- In your browser, navigate to Facebook and click on the upside-down triangle in the top-right-hand corner. You will be shown drop down menu.
- Click “Settings & Privacy” in the Facebook dropdown menu.
- You will be redirected to another menu select Settings. On the left-hand side of the screen, click the “Security and Login” option.
- In the section under “Where You’re Logged In,” you’ll see a list of all the devices to which you’re currently logged in. Now click see more
- In the bottom right-hand corner, click “Log Out Of All Sessions.” You can log out of individual sessions or all of them simultaneously.
- Alternatively, you can select a specific device by selecting the three dots in front of the device from which you wish to logout.
- You will be prompted to log out. Simply click “Log Out”/”Log Out of All Sessions” to complete the process.