What you need to know
- On the iPhone and iPad, the Gmail app now includes a new Google Chat tab.
- Everyone with a corporate or free Gmail account is eligible for the change.
- How to enable it in Gmail App in iPhone and iPads
In this article we will discuss about How to Enable Google Chat in Gmail app in iPhone and iPad. Last year, Google announced plans to make it easier for people to stay connected while working from home. To accomplish this, it stated that Google Chat would be integrated into the Gmail app, which has already occurred on the iPhone and iPad.
Available to both corporate and free Gmail users, the change adds new Chat and Rooms tabs to the already-familiar Meet and Mail tabs – Google Meet had been integrated into the Gmail app previously. Although the exact date of the change is unknown, we believe it occurred within the last few weeks.
How to Enable Google Chat in Gmail app in iPhone and iPad.
- Open Gmail App in your iPhone and iPad you can download from Appstore if you don’t have it.
- At top left tap triple bar.
- Got to bottom of drop down as shown above and tap Settings.
- It will take you to account click account for which you want to enable the Google chat.
- Go to General Setting and toggle Chat (early access ) as shown above.
- Once enabled you will get popup to restart Gmail App Tap “Close Gmail”
- Open Gmail App again you will both Google Chat and Rooms option available.
While Google Chat and Chat in Gmail both offer the same features, the integrated Gmail experience provides a centralised location for communicating with friends, family, and coworkers in between emails.
- Use Google chat if you prefer a dedicated chat experience and don’t mind switching between apps.
- Use Chat in Gmail if you enjoy multitasking and prefer to keep track of all of your communications in one location.