Instagram, the popular social networking platform, experienced an outage on Thursday, Sept. 2, following many complaints from users who were unable to log in or send messages.
According to a recent story by The Sun, Instagram users worldwide have been experiencing an outage. It was early in the morning of Sept. 2 when they realised something was wrong with the app.
The hashtag #Instagramdown trended on Twitter in response to various issues that arose online. At the time, some users were unable to use Instagram’s services.
Within seconds, the management noted an increase in the number of complaints on the platform. Later, Instagram revealed that the platform’s message function was completely broken. Prior to the September system failure, Instagram experienced another significant outage in August.
At the time, several app users in the United States reported that Instagram had gone down.
On Aug. 2, New York City was the hub of the previous outage. Other inhabitants of Washington, D.C., and Los Angeles also encountered difficulties.
According to DownDetector, the outage began at approximately 4:10 PM EST. Simultaneously, the majority of affected consumers in the United Kingdom originated in London. During that time period, the country received roughly 8,000 reports.
How to See if Instagram is down for You or Everybody
Here are some steps you can take to determine whether your Instagram account is operational during the outage.
- Navigate to Instagram’s Help page and look for the options in the panel.
- Select the Issues tab.
- It will now display the potential issues in Instagram.
- Always verify that the app is running the most recent version.
How to check instagram is running on the most recent version in Android
- Android users can access the Play Store.
- Locate the three lines in the upper left corner.
- A menu will display from the Google Play Store.
- To check if your Instagram is updated, click My Apps & Games and then Updates.
- Locate and click the Update button for Instagram.
How to check Instagram is running on the most recent version in iOS
- Iphone users can easily update Instagram on their phone by following three simple steps. First, you need to go to the Instagram app on your phone.
- Then, open it and click the Instagram icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Finally, scroll down and hit the update button and Instagram will be ready for you to use. It’s easy and simple and takes less than 5 minutes and you’ll be up and running and sharing photos on Instagram again
Instagram down Twitter Is Filled With Memes
While Instagram was down, several users created amusing memes that quickly went viral on Twitter.
The internet went insane over the outage following the appearance of a series of jokes on the social media posting app.