In this article we demonstrate how to change google voice number. Google Voice users can easily and quickly update their phone numbers for a low fee of $10. At this price, you can choose a new area code and perform an entirely numerical and letter-based phone number search.
This is especially useful for someone who has recently moved to a different area code and wants to keep their local phone number. Furthermore, this is a great choice for those who want to personalize their phone number.
Users of Google Voice will also keep their current phone number if they have recently switched carriers. This is useful for anyone who wants to have a new phone number dedicated to business calls while keeping the phone number that friends and family have already saved for you. To stop paying for a second deal, simply switch your current phone number to Google Voice. All calls made to your old number will be forwarded to your new one, ensuring that you never miss a call.
What is Google Voice number?
It is an excellent phone service that can be used for call forwarding, voicemail, and voice and text messages. It also enables Google Account customers in the US and customers in Canada, the Netherlands, Sweden, Spain, Portugal, France, Denmark, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom to terminate domestic and foreign calls. This service was launched by Google a long time ago, and users have reacted positively. However, users also inquire about how to obtain a Google Voice number or alter their Google Voice number.
How to Change My Google Voice Number?
Whatever brought you here, to Change Google Voice Number is a fast and easy process. We’ll begin by creating a new one to replace your current Google Voice. To ease the transition from old to new, your old number will continue to forward all incoming calls and SMS messages to your new number for three months.
It allows anyone who is too lazy to change the old phone number to the new one. Keep in mind that changing your current voice number will cost you $10.00. If the procedure has begun, you will not be able to stop it or get a refund.
Be certain that you want to update it and that the new number is right.
To update your Google Voice number, follow these steps:
- Sign in with your Google Voice credentials in Chrome.
- In the top right corner of the screen, click the Settings cog.
- Select ‘Account’ on the left if it is not already picked.
- Now, close to your phone number, press ‘Change.’
- Check that you are at the top of this new screen on the “Phones” list.
- Select the blue “Change/Port” button.
- Pick ‘I would like a new number’ from the pop-up menu that appears.
- Click ‘Continue’ in the new pop-up window to affirm your willingness to pay the $10.
- Fill in the blanks to get a new phone number.
- Select a phone number from the drop-down menu and press the ‘Continue’ button.
- To proceed with your order, click ‘Purchase Number.’
You will get a few emails once your payment is complete. Some services give updates, while others provide guidance about how to complete the procedure.
You should be able to use the new phone number right away, and the changes should take effect right away. When you look at your Google Voice number, the old number will still be visible.
It remains on the list for 90 days after the number is updated.You will now be assigned a new phone number.After 90 days, Google will send an email to all contacts that used your old phone number.
How to use your existing Phone Number to Google Voice number?
Do you want to change your mobile contract because you discovered a better deal with a competitor? If you want a new phone operator but still want to keep your old one, Google Voice may be the solution. It charges individuals a one-time fee of $20 to move their current phone number to their service.
You will then not only get the new number from the new service, but you will also retain your current number and all calls from it will be forwarded to the new one. You can, however, have SMS texts forwarded to your new number through Google Voice.
If you respond to an incoming text message with your regular messaging app, the messages will usually come from your new Google Voice number. Telephone calls work in the same way. With call forwarding available, you can make and receive calls from your Google Voice number even if you don’t have a data connection.
This is the original number for receiving calls and messages, and it has been replaced by a new number for transferring them.
Your current phone number is the one that has been ported, and it must be working at the start of the process. The new number will be given by your current carrier or a new carrier. When you switch carriers, Google will cancel your previous carrier’s account before you open a new account with them and port your number to Google Voice.
When a new number is added to Google Voice, the old number is cancelled thus remaining with the same carrier. It is important that you do not attempt to make such a move in the middle of the contract.
If you cancel it early, you have the option of paying an Early Finishing Fee (ETF). Call your current carrier’s customer service and inform them of your plans before cancelling. When you cancel, you will make a note in your account that you do not owe an ETF.
As long as call forwarding is available, you can accept calls and text messages to both numbers. However, only your primary Google Voice number can make and receive outbound calls and texts. You can alter which number you want to be your primary number whenever Google Voice allows you to.
To add a phone number to your Google Voice account, follow these steps:
- Sign up for Google Voice in your browser.
- The cancellation process must be completed within 90 days in order to move the number. Any later than that, the number would be inaccessible.
- Click on the configuration button in the upper right corner.
- Click ‘Account,’ then ‘Change’ near your phone number, just as you did before.
Navigate to the Phones page.
- Select “Change/Port” and then “I want to use my number.”
- Enter your phone number and click the ‘Check for available options’ button.
- If your number is portable, a blue ‘Port Your Number’ hyperlink will appear at the bottom of the pop-up window.
- Simply click it. Simply press.
- Please check the boxes indicating that you comply with the port’s terms.
- Enter all of your current account details in the panel.
- When the transaction is completed, the expiry date of your initial Google Voice number is removed.
- It is now your responsibility to cancel and delete your number.