Are you not sure How to watch Twitch through a Roku device ? then this article is for you. When it comes to watching Twitch, a Roku Stick is one of the most cost-effective methods to do so. However, it is not the most convenient way to do so. Official Twitch channels on Roku are no longer available, and the illegitimate Twitch channels have been shut down as well.
Twitch can only be seen through unofficial channels on your Roku. To find out which ones work best, we’ve given them all a shot. Because of this, expect a lot of glitches until an official Roku channel is created again.
- How to Fix Google Play Store Not Allowing Downloads
- 4 ways to Fix error code 0x80070490 on Your Windows 10 Mail
- How to Find the Nearest Gas Station on Google Maps
- How to Get Chegg Solutions for free
Twitch on Roku is now possible with Twoku.
Currently, the best way to watch Twitch on a mobile device is with the Twoku app, an unofficial Twitch client. Many functionalities are not yet available due to the early stage of the project. You can’t, for instance, take part in the talk (or even see it, for that matter.) Additionally, the search function is severely constrained.
More features will hopefully become available to Twoku users as the service evolves. Installing Twoku on your Roku device is as simple as following the steps listed below.
- To set up a new account, go to this page on the Roku website.
- After typing twoku into the search bar and checking the box next to the captcha area, click on Add Channel.
- To dismiss a warning, pick Okay when it appears.
- Select Yes, add channel from the pop-up menu that appears.. in the next box.
Twoku will now appear in your list of available channels after you’ve performed the above steps. The moment you click on it, Twitch will begin to run in the background. To begin, you’ll be able to watch live broadcasts, perform channel or category searches, and more.
You can also access your own Twitch channel by logging in.
- To log in, locate and press the Log In button on your Roku player.
- To begin, go to twoku-web.herokuapp.com on your smartphone or PC.
- You must enter the four-character code displayed on your screen.
- Please read the permissions that Twoku requests, and then click Authorize at the bottom of the page to grant them.
After that, your Roku box will take you to the main Twitch channel page. But you will be able to see on the sidebar which channels you are subscribed to and choose to watch. The Twoku channel is the best way to watch Twitch content without needing to use your mobile device, but you can’t subscribe to new channels.
How to use a web browser to stream Twitch on a Roku device
Roku makes it possible to set up and utilize web browsers through numerous options. Using a laptop as a screen reflector is one of the simplest solutions (or cast from a Windows 10 PC through an app like Miracast.)
Customers who don’t have the Twitch app on their mobile device will benefit from this (or who simply do not like the Twitch mobile app, which leaves much to be desired when compared to the desktop version).
- On your Mac or desktop, look for the Command Center icon in the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Then choose Screen Mirroring from the options that appear.
- Select your Roku device from the available devices listed on the screen.
- Your television will display whatever is on your Mac’s screen. It is necessary to input a code displayed on your Roku the first time you connect your Mac. After that, you’ll be able to run Twitch in your browser and utilize all of the services directly without having to go through an intermediary program or piece of software.
Follow these steps to use screen mirroring to watch Roku content on Twitch.
However, if you’d rather not give your Twitch information to an unapproved app, you have other options. Roku is capable of mirroring your iOS device’s screen on the streaming media player.
- Use your mobile device to run the Twitch app and select the channel you want to broadcast from.
- Swipe down from the screen’s upper-right corner with your finger to reveal the Command Center.
- After clicking on Screen Mirroring, you’ll be prompted to select your Roku device from a list.
- If you’re using Airplay or screen mirroring for the first time on your Roku, you’ll be asked for a four-digit security code to proceed. This code appears on your television’s screen.
When you select this option, a chat window appears on your phone, allowing you to talk with other viewers while the broadcast is still playing on your television. It’s also possible to navigate from one channel to another by means of your mobile app. After a brief pause, a new channel will appear on your television, and your phone conversation will come to an end.
Learn how to use Airplay on Twitch to stream Roku content.
Viewing Twitch on a Roku device via Airplay is an option that may be useful. A lot like screen mirroring, this approach works on the same basic principles as screen mirroring. Use Airplay instead if you don’t want your screen mirrored. It’s just as easy.
- Open the Twitch app and select the channel you wish to watch from the drop-down menu.
- While on a mobile device, you can access Command Center by swiping down from your screen’s upper right corner.
- To begin streaming, press the Airplay button in the media controls’ upper-right corner.
- By tapping on the Roku device in the compatible devices list, you may select it.
- The data will be shown on your television, but the actual chat will be kept on your smartphone. Even while switching streams will leave a short void in your viewing experience, your chat history will remain on your phone when you are done with it.
It would be the simplest solution until Twitch’s official Roku app will be restored, but this does not appear to be a realistic expectation any time soon. Most likely, this is because Amazon owns Twitch and the Amazon Fire TV, a streaming device that competes with Twitch.
However, until that time arrives, you can use the methods outlined below to watch Twitch on your Roku device with no problems.