In this article we will learn How to Use a Different Apple ID on iPhone and iPad for FaceTime in iOS 15. Want to make and receive FaceTime calls using a different Apple ID/email address? Thankfully, on an iPhone or iPad iOS 15 and older version of iOS this is quite simple and you only need few minutes to configure it.
Apple FaceTime is an integrated video chatting service for iOS and macOS devices which is immensely popular with Apple consumers since it is a quick method to call other iPhones, ipads and Mac owners free of charge. In addition to your phone number, FaceTime defaults to the Apple ID linked with your iOS/iPadOS device. Contacts who do not have a number can call you via FaceTime with this email address.
However, without affecting other account data connected with your device, you can Use a Different Apple ID on iPhone and iPad for FaceTime in iOS 15. It is generally not suggested because for all Apple devices and needs the same Apple ID is always best to use. However, there are certain special scenarios when it can be desired or required to use another Apple ID for FaceTime.
Step up by step guide how to use a different Apple ID on iPhone and iPad for FaceTime in iOS 15
Changing FaceTime to another Apple account is actually much easier than you might imagine. To get started, simply follow the steps below.
- Go to “Settings” on your iPhone or iPad’s home screen.
- Navigate and tap “FaceTime” to continue in the settings menu.
- Scroll down here, press on blue, below the “Caller ID” category, of your Apple ID.
- Now, select Sign Out from your Apple account to log out of it.
- Tap the “Use your FaceTime Apple ID” menu next.
- The option to register with a different account is now provided to you. To proceed, select “Use Other Apple ID.”
- Just insert your other Apple ID login credentials and tap the “Sign In” button to begin to use this FaceTime account.
You now know how easy it is to use your iPhone or iPad with a different Apple account using FaceTime.
From now on, when you use a separate account for FaceTime you may keep your actual Apple ID private. You can modify the Caller ID used when making a FaceTime call in the same menu. You can configure this to cease making FaceTime calls using your phone number and keep your details private.
Have you set up FaceTime to use your iPhone and iPad with a different email address? Have you set it up because of concerns about privacy? How can you use a separate FaceTime Apple ID? In the comments box below you will share your useful ideas and experiences.