In this article we will discuss how to update your Epic Games Launcher and enable automatic game updates. By installing Epic Games Launcher, we gain access to a useful utility for managing all the games we’ve downloaded and those that can be downloaded from there; this includes not only downloading the games, but also the option to launch them, as well as managing their various parameters and staying informed about news, updates, and everything else related to the hundreds of Epic Games games. The Epic Games Launcher is available for download from this link.
- The Epic Game Launcher automatically updates itself, and there is no way to manually check for or apply updates.
- However, by restarting the software, you can indirectly force the launcher to do its own automatic update.On your Mac or PC, you can only update the Epic Games Launcher by restarting it when an update is available.
- Apart from restarting the app, there is no method to manually check for Epic Games Launcher updates.
To enable automatic updates for the games you play using the Epic Games Launcher, such as “Galactic Civilisation,” navigate to the app’s settings and enable them.
How to keep the Epic Games Launcher up to date
Again, the Epic Games Launcher is designed to be self-updating. Almost always, it is preferable to simply wait for the Launcher to update on its own.
However, if you want to compel the Epic Games Launcher to look for updates, follow these steps:
- Start the Epic Games Launcher by dragging its icon to the taskbar or Dock at the bottom of your screen.
- Right-click the icon and select “Quit” if you’re using a Mac.
- On a PC, click the small upward-pointing arrow in the taskbar’s right-hand corner.
- Then right-click the Epic Games Launcher icon and select “Exit.”
- Reopen the Launcher once it has been completely closed.
When the Epic Games Launcher is launched, it automatically checks for new updates. If one becomes available, it will notify you.
How to use the Epic Games Launcher to update games
Additionally, games installed via the Launcher require periodic upgrades. These will also automatically update, but you must activate automatic updates first.
- To begin, launch the Epic Games Launcher.
- In the left-hand navigation window, click “Settings.”
- Scroll down to the Manage Games area and ensure that “Allow Auto-Updates” is checked.
- Expand the menu for each game whose automatic updates you want to enable.
- Ensure that the “Auto-update” option is checked for those games.