In this article we will go through how to translate text and speech on an iPhone with iOS 15. If you were ever desperate in a foreign nation where you don't know the language or were just a ravenous visitor looking for a decent spot to eat, you will certainly appreciate the new Translate iPhone app that came with iOS 15.
As of this article, you may also translate into a dozen pairs of languages, even offline: US and UK English, French, Chinese (China mainland), German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and Portuguese.
How to use translate app to translate text and speech on an iPhone with iOS 15
- Tap the microphone icon and talk for a translation of your words.
- Or type text using the native language keyboard. That's what is nice. This language keyboard slides automatically as shown below. You don't have to download or select the keyboard manually.
- Furthermore Apple has Favorites area where these translations are saved .
- You can also turn the phone to your side, and enter a dialogue mode with a split-screen displaying text from two speakers, as seen in the next figure on the left.
- You can also use face to face mode
- Or hit a button when you are in landscape mode to capture the attention of a local speaker, as seen, right.
- Press the play arrow from any view to hear the translated sentence pronounced out loud. If nature calls, it may be a lifesaver.
Keyboard for different languages in iOS 15
Apple strives to extend the global reach of the iPhone by providing international keyboard layouts for over 120 languages.
How add new international keyboard in iOS 15
- Navigate to settings
- Scroll to General
- Tap Keyboard
- Tap Keyboards
- Tap Add New Keyboard for accessing a keyboard, which is not configured for Americanized English. A list of custom keyboards for several countries is published.
Have a household that is multilingual? In turn, you can choose as many international keyboards as you wish.
Activate international keyboard in an app in iOS 15
- Tap the international keys until you see the keyboard you want when you're working on an app that calls a keyboard. Tap again in the list of international keyboards (as well as the Emoji keyboard) you activated in Settings to select the next keyboard .
- Other way to change keyboard long press international keyboard ke. A pop up window that displays all ready-to-use keyboards. Slide your finger over the list until the keyboard you want to use is listed (or keyboard settings) and release the keyboard.
Note: You can type in two languages without changing from one to the other. Type the relevant word or words in the appropriate language, and the iPhone gives you what it believes you mean to type next – in the correct language. The paired language list includes English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish. And it is also supported for English and Chinese in this multilingual typing function.
Read More | How to Trim an iPhone Voice Memo in iOS 15
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.