The agonizing moment when you delete a text message just to realize you really needed it has happened to all of us, even with the widespread use of WhatsApp for sending and receiving text messages. How do you get it back now that it’s been taken away? Is there a recycle bin on your Android phone? Nope. Then? If you’ve accidentally deleted text messages from your Android phone, what can you do to get them back? And how can you prevent this from happening in the future?
It’s more difficult to recover lost texts on Android than on Gmail because of how Android manages them. It is marked for overwriting when you remove a message.
For the vast majority of people, deleted communications are gone for good. However, it’s possible that they haven’t been overwritten yet. In this post, we’ll teach you how to recover deleted SMS on your Android phone.
On Android, how can you get back deleted messages? | How to Recover Deleted Android Text Messages
1. Using Google’s backup service, you may restore your data.
It’s possible that if you have backed up your phone to Google Drive, you may have saved your text messages in the process. You can restore this backup by following the instructions outlined in the following section:
Any Google Drive backups for Android devices may only be restored by signing in on a new device. This implies you’ll need a second phone to access your messages.
- Sign in with your Google account on a separate phone.
- During the device setup process, select “Restore” when asked if you wish to restore your Android backup.
- Complete the setup and check your messages.
This procedure is not always successful. If that’s the case, you can use third-party programs to see if they can recover your messages.
3. Make a backup with third-party programs.
- The Android Data Recovery app can be installed on a PC.
- Connect your phone to the PC and enable USB debugging.
- Select ‘Messages’ from the drop-down menu and click ‘Next’ to move on.
- Using the Android Data Recovery application, install the FonePaw app on your smartphone and begin using it.
- The app should be able to read your messages.
- On your PC, select ‘Scan permitted files.’
- Tap on the messages you want to restore and then select ‘Recover’ from the drop-down menu.
In this post, we have tried to answer each of these questions. We have also provided different solutions to help you get back deleted text messages from your Android phone. With these solutions, you should be able to find the deleted messages that you need. And if you have any other Android-related questions, please feel free to ask us. We will do our best to help!