What you need to know
- Google Maps shows speed limits in 40 countries
- You can enable speed limit from Navigation seetings in google Maps
- You can also see speedometer if you don’t want to see speed limit and speedomenter in different places.
In this article we will discuss How to Make Google Maps Display the Speed Limit. We’ve all been in the situation where we’re unsure of the rules for a local route. No, we are not discussing which side of the road to drive on that should be self-evident but rather about speed limits. If you’re not careful, you could see some blinking lights behind you signalling that you need to pull over.
It’s fortunate that Google Maps has your back and includes a feature that displays the speed limit in the location you’re in. If it isn’t, you should check periodically to see if it is and, if it is, follow these steps to turn it on. Here’s how to see the speed limit in Google Maps. Google Maps has a feature that allows you to view speed limits in over 40 countries. Check Google Maps Platform Coverage page whether it this Speed Limit feature is available in your country of interest.
How to Make Google Maps Display the Speed Limit
- On your device, open Google Maps and tap the profile icon in the top-right corner.
- Tap Settings from drop down menu.
- Navigate and Tap Navigation settings.
- Scroll down to “Driving options,” and toggle the slider to “On” (blue).
For additional guidance you can enable Speedometer too.
- Toggle Speedometer option just beneath “Driving options”
This helps in eliminating the need to constantly switch between your dashboard and phone screen. There are other options too if you want to change them too like
Since Google acquired Waze, Google Maps has become more Waze-like.
Speed limits are clearly marked, but perhaps not as frequently as they should be.
Rather than risking a ticket, choose the option if it is available in your Google Maps options.