Most FaceTime calls are initiated by one iPhone user calling another directly. However, building a link within the FaceTime app on an iPhone, iPad, or Mac is an additional option for making calls through the app.
- You can create a link for a FaceTime call by choosing the "Create Link" button at the top of the app.
- Once you've created your FaceTime connection, you'll need to distribute it to anyone who wants to join.
- Before they may see, hear, or chat to anyone else, people joining a FaceTime call via a link must first be approved.
How to Check How Much Data FaceTime Consumes
How to Use Filters and Stickers in FaceTime
How to Make a Link to Your FaceTime Call
If you don't know the person's phone number, you can still join a FaceTime call by clicking on a link. You can chat with someone whose number you don't have, or if you merely want a call to be available to everyone. This is also how you can use FaceTime on Android or Windows smartphones.
If you want to use FaceTime, you'll need an upgraded Apple smartphone. Your iPhone, iPad and Mac must all be running the latest versions of Apple software to use this feature.
- Open FaceTime on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac to make a link.
- In the upper left corner, click the Create Link button.
- You'll see a pop-up option that allows you share the link with friends and apps.
- If you merely want to copy the link to your clipboard, select Copy. If you do this, you'll need to save and distribute the link elsewhere.
- You can also name this link by taping Add Name and name the link and tap ok.
- The URL can be sent via text message, email, or any other mobile app.
- You may also grab a link while on a call by touching the options toolbar and then selecting Share Link.
- Open FaceTime and press the i icon next to your scheduled meeting, then choose Remove Link to prematurely stop the linked conference before participants enter.
- The Join button will appear at the top or bottom of the screen once the link has been clicked by a person. Camera and microphone permissions can be required as well.
- The person who created the link will be notified to allow them join the call after they select Join. You may either touch the checkmark icon on the notification, or you can tap the choices toolbar inside the call and permit them in from that.
- Anyone who wishes to join must be approved by you first.
The link will expire and the meeting will come to an end if everyone leaves the call. Make a fresh link if you wish to repeat the process.