In this article we will provide details around How To Fix Phone Fingerprint Issues. Occasionally, your smartphone’s fingerprint sensor will fail to function properly. This is accomplished by trying repeatedly placing your fingers on the fingerprint sensor, which unlocks your phone.
This is a pretty typical issue that practically everyone who has a smartphone with a fingerprint lock has encountered.
In this article, we’ll discuss several suggestions and strategies for quickly resolving this issue and restoring normal operation to your fingerprint lock.
Wipe down the fingerprint sensor.
Make sure you thoroughly clean your smartphone’s fingerprint sensor. The sensor can become clogged with dust or moisture, preventing it from correctly scanning your fingerprints.
Make sure your device’s fingerprint sensor is not damaged or destroyed. If your phone slips from your hands or you accidentally drop something on it, it’s easy to harm the sensor.
Wipe the fingerprint sensor with a gentle cloth. Keep an eye out for any traces of dust. The screen protector may also need to be removed if your phone has a sensor on the screen, such as in OnePlus’s smartphones. Remember Fingerprint sensor that should been thoroughly cleaned and dried
Make sure your fingertips are dry.
Keeping the fingerprint sensor clean and dry is just as vital as keeping your fingertips clean and dry. In order to unlock your phone using fingerprints, your fingertips must be dry, clean, or oil-free.
Just wash your hands well, then dry them with a soft cloth. Your fingerprint will have a clean impression on the sensor after this, and maybe this will resolve your problem.
Update Phone Software
Frequent Update Required notification irritates us all, so we put it off as long as we can. You might be harming your phone’s fingerprint sensor by ignoring that update. Your phone’s hardware can be affected by software vulnerabilities that are widespread in all operating systems.
So, if you want to avoid your smartphone being slowed down by outdated software, complete the update as soon as possible.
Keep in mind that this can work in either direction. a direction. While old software might cause problems with your phone, new software flaws are as widespread and can be just as problematic. There’s not much you can do here. There is a chance that you will have to wait for a recent software update before contacting your operating system or device support team.
Verify that your fingerprint has been added to the phone biometric database.
After repeatedly trying to unlock your phone and receiving the error message “No fingerprint match found,” you should check to see if your fingerprint has been entered into your phone. The sensor will only recognize previously saved fingerprints. For scanning, you can’t use a different finger than the one you normally use.
In order to see if your fingerprint has been uploaded to Android, follow these steps
- Go to the settings.
- Click on Biometrics and Security at the bottom of the page.
- Select Fingerprints from the drop-down menu now. If it doesn’t work, you can always use the search function in the options.
- Authentication will need you to enter your PIN or passcode.
- A list of all the fingerprints that have been saved to your phone may be found here.
- Select the option to look for newly inserted fingerprints.
- You may now verify that your fingerprint has been added by placing your finger on the fingerprint sensor. Cover the entire sensor with your fingerprint. No match found error will be displayed if a match is discovered; if not, the error message will be displayed again.
- Check to see if a fingerprint has been added to your profile.
In order to see if your fingerprint has been uploaded to iPhone, follow these steps
- On your iOS device, open the Settings app.
- Select Touch ID & Passcode from the drop-down menu and enter your password.
- To verify your identity, you’ll need to unlock your iPhone and enter your passcode.
- Once your fingerprint has been added to the list, you’re done.
- To see if you can unlock your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Device Unlocking.
Add your fingerprint once more.
Scan your fingerprints from all directions, as the skin loses its suppleness over time and sometimes the pattern will vary. If this happens, you’ll have to remove your old fingerprint and re-enter your new one. You can do the following on your Android or iOS device:
Add a fingerprint scanner to Android
- Settings > Biometrics and security can be found there.
- Select the Fingerprints menu item.
- In order to authenticate your account, type in your PIN code.
- Now select the option to add a fingerprint.
- Scan the sensor with your finger. The sensor can be covered by moving your finger around it. Use another part of your finger on the sensor to see if it helps.
- You must maintain your finger on the sensor until it has been scanned in order to finish the process. Visuals show you where the scanning process is at every step of the way.
- Check to see if the fingerprint lock is working after the scanning is complete.
Add a new fingerprint to the iPhone.
- Find Touch ID & Passcode in the Settings menu.
- To verify your identity, type in your password.
- Add a Fingerprint by clicking on the option.
- Following the on-screen instructions, take a proper look at your fingerprint and scan it again. Each time your phone vibrates, you must lift your finger and place it in a new location.
- Upon completion of the scanning process, press the Continue button. To test the new fingerprint Touch ID, simply unlock your iPhone or iPad.
Remove screen protector
The fingerprint sensor is built into the touch screen of some smartphones, such as the OnePlus. It’s possible that a new tempered glass or screen protector you recently installed on your smartphone’s screen is causing problems with your phone’s fingerprint sensor.
Remove the tempered glass/screen protector.
Remove the phone’s protective case.
It’s possible that the fingerprint sensor on your phone is malfunctioning, because of the phone case of your smartphone. Verify that the sensor on the phone isn’t being obscured by the case’s edges. If so, remove the case and see if the fingerprint reader is functional. Always go with a high-end case that completely fits your phone in all directions.
Restart your phone
To see whether fingerprint lock works, try restarting your phone after trying everything else. A system issue or flaw may have caused a technical glitch in the sensor, and this will resolve the issue. To restart the phone, press and hold the Power button for a long time. When you’re done, you’ll be presented with the choice to reboot. Wait for your phone to reset after selecting this option. Hopefully, with a fresh boot, the fingerprint sensor will resume operating.
Hardware issue with fingerprint reader
If all else fails and you are still unable to fix your fingerprint, the only option remaining is to take your phone to a service centre for repair. Perhaps the sensor has some software or hardware malfunction. If your phone is covered by a warranty, you can get it repaired for free as long as you haven’t physically harmed the sensor.
It’s important to remember that your phone should only be repaired by a company-authorized service centre or repair shop.
Use alternative mechanism like Face ID
Not all high-end smartphones have fingerprint locks as their only biometric security measure. Face lock is an option on some of them. To use it as an alternative to the standard PIN or passcode lock, you must have it on your phone. All you have to do is visit the Settings menu and select Biometrics and Security from the drop-down menu. There is a feature called face lock that you can use. You can use Face ID on all iPhones up to and including the iPhone X, which includes the base iPhone 11, 12, and 13, as well as the iPhone Pro, Pro Max, and Mini models.
To enable Face ID lock on your iOS device, navigate to Settings > Face ID & Passcode.
Sometimes inputting a PIN or passcode manually can be cumbersome at times, fingerprint unlocking is a definite benefit. When your fingerprint doesn’t function, it’s a tremendous pain in the neck. We hope this article has helped you understand why your phone won’t unlock with your fingerprint, and how you may repair the issue on your own if you like.