In this article we will let you know How to fix Facebook App Not Working on iPhone. With over 2.85 billion monthly active users, Facebook is without a doubt the most popular social networking platform ever created. It also applies to those who use mobile devices to access the Internet. Although many iPhone users have reported that the Facebook app fails to load feeds or crashes unexpectedly, this is not the case for everyone.
You’ve come to the right place if you’ve ever been on the receiving end of a situation like this. In this section, we’ll go over several troubleshooting strategies that you can use to try to resolve Facebook app issues on your iPhone. Allow me to move on to the next section of the conversation.
- How to fix WhatsApp not connecting on iPhone
- How to Add Bots to Your Discord Server : 3 Easy Steps
- How do I get rid of my Instagram account?
- How to Delete Instagram Messages on Both Sides of the Conversation
Ensure that your internet connection is operational.
To begin, make sure your phone has an active internet connection, as the Facebook app requires one to function properly. This is done by opening Safari on your iPhone and checking to see if the webpages are loading properly.
If the internet is working properly and you have a good connection, the Facebook app can use your mobile data.
- Open the Settings app
- Go to Mobile Data and tap if it is Off. If it isn’t already enabled.
- Activate it by tapping the line which you want to choose as shown in picture above..
Check to see if Facebook is down.
Recent events have shown that even major websites, such as Facebook, can experience downtime from time to time. If Facebook does not work on iPhone, it is possible that the problem is on Facebook’s end rather than Apple’s.
Fortunately, websites like Downdetector are designed to track service outages for a variety of major providers, including Facebook, and to provide alerts when they occur. You can confirm this by visiting the Downdetector website.
Delete the Facebook cache.
What if I told you that websites you visit with Facebook’s collect cache data in the same way that Safari and Chrome do? If you click on a link in Facebook’s mobile app, the link will be added to your cache and cookies.
The Facebook app on your iPhone may be unable to function properly due to data stored in it. You can try to clean up the cache by using the techniques outlined below.
- To begin, launch the Facebook app
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Next tap Settings and Privacy.
- After that select Browser under Permissions.
- Then, finally to ‘Browsing data,’ click the Clear button to clear the cache data that the browser has accumulated.
After clearing the cache, double-check that everything is working properly
Turn on mobile data usage for Facebook.
Have you disabled Facebook’s use of your mobile data? iOS lets you choose whether or not to use mobile data for already-installed apps. The connecting error message will remain on your phone if Facebook is configured not to use mobile data. Follow the steps outlined below to enable Facebook mobile data.
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Go to the bottom of your phone’s screen and look for the Facebook app.
- Enable the iPhone’s Mobile Data toggle by tapping on it.
Reboot the iPhone (if necessary).
A third-party app or process on your iPhone could be interfering with the Facebook app. To see if the Facebook app is working again, restart your iPhone to ensure that all apps have been closed.
Uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app.
If none of the previously mentioned solutions work, you may need to reinstall the Facebook application on your iPhone. As a result of this action, the app will be updated because any data associated with it will be removed.
Download and install the most recent iOS version.
Following that, you can attempt to update your iPhone to the most recent iOS version currently available for download. You may be experiencing problems with a specific iOS version, and upgrading to a newer version of the operating system may resolve the issue.
- Begin by opening the Settings app on your iPhone
- Select General from the drop-down menu. After you’ve chosen that option, you can look for any new updates that have become available.
Restore Your iPhone to Factory Settings 7.
If your problems aren’t limited to the Facebook app, you should think about resetting your iPhone. As a result of this action, Wi-Fi passwords and preferences will be reset to their default values. To achieve your goal, you can take the following steps:
- Open your iPhone’s Settings app.
- From the menu, pick General.
- From the menu, choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Select Reset Settings from the menu bar to complete the procedure.
- Select reset all settings next
- If passcode set it will prompt for passcode
- Your iphone will reset and resart it will fix issues of connectivity.
As an alternative, consider using Facebook Lite.
Even if the problem persists, you may want to consider upgrading to an older iPhone or one with limited free storage space in order to use Facebook Lite, a smaller version of the Facebook software. While not as memory-intensive as its name implies, the Facebook Lite application provides nearly every essential function that users expect from a social network.
We all know that Facebook has been the most popular social networking platform ever created. A lot of people use Facebook on their phones and all of us know that Facebook is not loading on our iPhone or iPad like it used to. There are a lot of reasons why this is happening and we will go over them with you. We hope you enjoyed our blog and we would love to hear from you if you have any questions about Facebook and the iPhone.