If you're having issues with your HomePod mini, returning it to factory settings is a good first step. You can reset your HomePod mini in three easy ways: using the Home app on an iPhone or iPad, using a PC with a mouse and keyboard, or by unplugging it and plugging it back in. If the first technique fails, move on to the second, and if it doesn't work either, then attempt the third method.
If you want to reset one of your HomePod tiny speakers, make sure you don't group them together.
How to Factory Reset HomePod Mini
- To remove your HomePod from your iPhone or iPad, sign in with the Apple ID you used to set it up.
- Then, open the Home app and tap on the HomePod card. P
- Press and hold the button to activate it, and then tap Remove Accessory.
- Tap to reomove.
HomePod mini Reset Without iOS Devices
To factory reset your HomePod mini, follow these steps:
- Unplug your HomePod mini from any power source.
- Press and hold the top of your HomePod mini.
- While holding the top, simultaneously press and hold the volume down button on the back of your HomePod mini.
- Continue holding both buttons until the white spinning light on the top of your HomePod mini turns red, then release both buttons.
- Your HomePod mini will restart and begin the factory reset process.
How to Reset HomePod Mini using your Mac or PC’s
If you want to reset your HomePod Mini using your Mac, here's what you need to do:
- The USB-C connector that arrived with the HomePod mini can be used to connect it to your computer.
- Open a Finder window on a Mac. iTunes (make sure it's the latest version) should be open on your PC.
- When you see your HomePod in the sidebar of Finder or iTunes, click on it.
- Select Restore HomePod from the menu that appears.
Once you've restored your software, the orange flashing light on top of your HomePod mini will turn off.
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.