In iOS 15, Apple introduces a number of improvements to its FaceTime video and audio calling platform, including new visual and audible features that enhance the call experience.
A new audio feature is the Wide Spectrum mode. This microphone mode incorporates every sound into your call, making it excellent for situations in which you want the other party to hear everything happening in the room.
How to Enable Wide Spectrum Audio on a FaceTime Call in iOS 15
- Launch the FaceTime application and start a video call.
- To access the Control Center, swipe diagonally down from the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap the Mic Mode button in the upper-right corner.
- Select Wide Spectrum to activate it.
- Swipe from the bottom of the screen upwards to reject Control Center and return to the call.
To disable Wide Spectrum and use Standard or Voice Isolation mode, repeat the steps above and select one of the available options from the final menu.