BlueStacks is an American technology company that produces the BlueStacks App Player and other cloud-based cross-platform products. The company was founded in 2009 by Jay Vaishnav, Suman Saraf, and Rosen Sharma, former CTO at McAfee and a board member of Cloud.com. Some features of Bluestacks include the ability to download and use Android apps on a PC or Mac, the ability to sync apps between a mobile device and a PC or Mac, and the ability to use a mobile device as a controller for games played on a PC or Mac.
BlueStacks has two methods for clearing your cache and freeing up storage space.
- For PC users of BlueStacks 5, you can remove your cache by accessing the Settings app and selecting Clear Cache.
- The “Disk cleanup” option in BlueStacks 4 can be used to reclaim unnecessary space on a Mac.
The best way to run Android apps on a PC or Mac is by using BlueStacks. Virtual Android Phone lets you play Android-specific games and apps on your PC.
However, this type of emulation consumes a significant amount of data, and even after you’re done, the cache will continue to take up space. For the most part, this excess data can be removed easily with BlueStacks 5 for PC and BlueStacks 4 for Mac.
You can clear up BlueStacks’ unnecessary storage space in a few different ways, depending on your preference.
There is no option to remove the cache in the PC version of BlueStacks X/BlueStacks 10 (also available). To achieve this, you’ll need to open BlueStacks 5.
How to Clear the Cache on BlueStacks in Two Different Ways in Windows
BlueStacks 5 offers two methods for clearing the cache in windows
To begin, open the Settings app on your dummy Android phone.
- Open Bluestacks and make sure you are on the app’s home page.
- Select Settings from the System applications folder.
- Choose Apps in Settings app
- Click on the Storage tab.
- To remove all of your cache, click Cached data and then confirm that you wish to do so.
- Click Apps at the top of the page, then select the programme you wish to clean up, to erase the cache of that particular app. Click on the link that says “Clear Cache” on the product’s details page.
Secondly, you may access the BlueStack app’s Settings page.
- To free up space on BlueStacks, click the gear button on the home page toolbar.
- On the left sidebar, select User data.
- Click Free up space, then click Continue under Disk cleanup.
- Choose Continue to proceed
BlueStacks will shut down and clear its own files, freeing up any unnecessary space.
BlueStacks 4 for Mac: How to clean cache
Using a Mac, you can only access the app’s Preferences menu.
- Click the BlueStacks icon at the top-left of your screen when you open the app.
- Select Preferences, then click User data at the top of the pop-up.
- Choose the “Free up space” option and press “Continue.”
BlueStacks will shut down and scan/clean its files during this process. Once the app relaunches, you’ll have freed up some space.
If you’re using BlueStacks and you’re having issues with the app, one thing you can try is clearing the cache. This can be done in two different ways: through the app itself, or through the Android settings. Clearing the cache can help with things like app crashes, freezes, or other issues. Hope you liked the article and it helped you cleaning cache of Bluestacks app.