For some reason, eating in front of the television while watching one of your favorite shows is quite relaxing. However, unforeseen circumstances may force you to postpone your night in or cancel your order.
If you’re using DoorDash, you can cancel an order through the app or the desktop version of the platform.
- Use the app or the website to cancel a DoorDash order.
- DoorDash gives you a better chance of earning a complete refund if you cancel your order as soon as possible.
- If a Dasher has been assigned, you may only be eligible for a partial refund.
What you need to know, including how to obtain a refund, is as follows:
Will you get refund from Doordash if you cancel order ? The answer is yes, but how much of a refund you get depends on the order’s status and the time you cancel it. In order to receive a complete refund, you’ll need to act quickly.
Generally speaking, here’s a basic rundown of how doordash platform handles refunds:
- Full refund: You cancel before the restaurant confirms your order and before a Dasher (also known as a courier) is assigned.
- Partial Refund: If the restaurant confirms the order or if a Dasher is assigned, a partial refund may be possible. In some circumstances, Doordash may select how much of a refund is given.
How do I cancel a DoorDash order?
You can cancel a DoorDash order in a variety of ways, depending on the type of device you’re using.
How do I cancel a DoorDash order on mobile?
- When you open the DoorDash app, tap Orders in the bottom toolbar.
- If you’re already in the order, skip to next step
- Tap Orders to find the order you wish to cancel.
- In the upper right corner of the screen, select Help.
- To cancel an order, select the Can I cancel my order?
- To cancel a purchase, follow the instructions on the page, including whether to receive a credit to your account or a full or partial refund to your payment method.
How do I cancel a DoorDash order on PC?
- Visit doordash.com and create an account, if needed.
- Access the DoorDash menu by clicking the three horizontal lines at the top-left of the page.
- In order to select an order from the menu, click on Orders and then select the required order.
- To cancel an order, go to Help and select Order Cancellation from the drop-down list.
- Click the Cancel Order button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to cancel your order.