Installing extensions on your Mac can improve the Safari experience? In this article you can learn How to Add Extensions to Safari on a Mac. Third-party developers can make browser extensions that enable you to personalize your web browser.
The majority of browsers available today support extensions. In addition to the ability to block content on websites, grammar correction, and VPN, these extensions are available from the respective stores. These extensions can be found in the Mac App Store for Safari.
You must enable these extensions manually after installing them from the App Store. We'll walk you through the steps to properly install Safari extensions on Mac in this article.
Adding Safari Extensions to your Mac
Safari extensions can be installed on Mac relatively easily and quickly. You can get started by following these steps.
How to Add Extensions to Safari on a Mac
- On your Mac, launch Safari.
- Navigate to Safari's settings by clicking on "Safari" in the menu bar and selecting "Preferences.".
- A new window will open up on your screen. Click the "Extensions" tab
- All installed extensions will be listed here. It will remain blank since you did not install any. Continue by clicking "More Extensions.".
- You will then be directed to the page where you can find the Safari extensions in the Mac App Store. For a download, click on "Get".
- Click "Install" next
- When the installation is complete, you'll be prompted to enter your Apple ID password. You can start the installation by clicking on "Get".
- You'll need to enable the extension after you've installed it. Then you can turn it on by going back to Safari Preferences and clicking on the "Extensions" tab.
Now that you know how to enable extensions through Safari on Mac, you should be able to install them.
Safari's toolbar will display the extension's icon once you have enabled it.
Safari will warn you when you enable an extension that slows down web browsing. Any extension that is no longer supported will also be notified to you. To clear up performance issues, you can either disable the Safari extension on your Mac or delete the extension completely.
It is important to note that not all extensions available in the store are free, and there are some that will cost you money. You can also unpack Safari extensions that you have downloaded from elsewhere to install by the Mac App Store, although it is the safest and simplest way.
Read More| How to Customize Your Safari Homepage on a Mac
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.