This article is a Guide to Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool to know everything about it. You may have heard about Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool earlier. But do you know what exactly it is? Semrush Traffic Analytics is a market intelligence and competitive intelligence application that estimates the desktop and mobile traffic of any website.
A tool like Semrush Traffic Analytics can help you do that. In addition, it provides much more information and data about the domain owner than Webmasters does.
Tools like these save time, money, and energy. Market research no longer relies on manually scraping results from organic searches. Using one of the many SEO tools available today, this task can be accomplished with a few clicks.
The majority of marketers, however, limit the use of software tools to basic research of competitors and keywords. Even if you aren't familiar with SEO, Traffic Analytics is something that you ought to at least check out if you're interested in it.
What is Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool provides you insights about traffic of any website. So if you are the one of the budding content writer and want to find details about traffic about your competitor and check want to check what is trend going in your niche. This tool can help you in achieve all of it.
Furthermore It can assist you in setting benchmarks, assessing a new market or specialty, and even developing a successful media buying strategy.
The tool will assist you some of the following things :-
- Determine the source of a website's traffic,
- How audience interacts with the site,
- Which devices visitors prefer to use.
- How the audiences of several websites overlap.
- Learn how to monetize your niche the most profitably
- Markets that have been overlooked geographically
- Discover new traffic sources
Traffic Analytics is one of the most powerful tools on Semrush for market researchers, marketing managers, business development teams, and sales teams due to the market intelligence information it contains.
So in this guide we will let you know how to use Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool. So lets not waste time and deep dive doing each of the above tasks using Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool.
Determine the source of a website’s traffic using Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
This feature is really easy to use . I'll use searchengineland.com. It's the SEO related website. They aren't my competition, but I'd like to analyse there .
Anyway, here's the data you fill be provided:
- Total visits on the domain: This includes repeat visitors.
- Unique Visitors (excluding returning visitors)
- Pages / Visit
- Avg. Visit Duration.
- Bounce Rate
Semrush additionally indicates the change in these statistics in tiny red/green lettering. This tells us the website stats are improving or declining.
Additionally Semrush lets dig further into it.
- Semrush lets us pick the month we want these stats for.
- It provides global data by default. But you can filter traffic analytics based on country.
- Semrush also give you option to check data for subdomains and subfolders in addition to root Domain data.
- Filter result based on devices (Desktop/Mobile)
- Last foremost important is is how accurate the data is also shown Estimated Accuracy.
How audience interacts with the site using Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
Analyzing Pages/Visit and Bounce Rate will help you determine the quality and efficiency of a competitor's digital marketing efforts.
A website's total traffic may be increasing, but if its bounce rate is increasing and the number of visits per page is decreasing, then it may be getting poor quality or irrelevant traffic. Also in case avg Visit Duration is decreasing than that means site is getting unpopular. Many reasons can account for that.
Some examples are as follows:
- Content does not interest or help users.
- Advertising campaigns are not as effective as they seem to be.
- Many visitors come from regions where the product/service is not marketed.
- The Traffic Journey (Traffic Sources) and Geo Distribution can help you investigate such a situation for your own campaigns.
Which devices visitors prefer to use using Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
Globally, mobile traffic accounted for over 55% of all internet traffic in 2020. It would seem that we can no longer focus just on desktop users, would it not?
The aforementioned data is shown separately by Semrush because it understands this trend.
You can see see comparison graphs by choosing tabs provided
- Total visits on the domain.
- Unique Visitors
- Pages / VisitAvg. Visit
- Bounce Rate
- Show/Hide data for either mobile or desktop users using checkbox provided.
- In extreme top right corner we can change time frame.
You can dig further to analyse the trends. Above you analyse behavior on both desktop and Mobile and catch any discrepancy found as shown above.
You can go to next graph to check traffic share of each device.
How the audiences of several websites overlap using Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
We can analyze Visitors of several sites and check if there users overlap. Example we can compare searchengineland.com with its competitors, for instance, the leading SEO company in the world.
- Use the Traffic Analytics search bar to enter the website domain (searchengineland.com).
- Now click Audience Insight Bubble.
- You will be presented a list of sites having overlapping with searchengineland.com
- It gives Audience overlap % and absolute visitor overlap. You can sort the list provided too by clicking the columns.
- You can filter the result based on date and device.
- You can filter result based on Country & domain too.
- Up to four sites can be added using the “Add 4 competitors” button.
- Click on "Compare".
You will find the Audience Overlap chart. For the period you chose, the above-listed websites had overlapping audiences.
Learn how to monetize your niche the most profitably using Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
SEMrush enables you to determine which websites receive traffic from a certain domain. Including those of competitors. This is a highly effective organic search engine optimization technique for any website on the internet. Competitive research is critical for diverting traffic away from their sites and towards yours.
If you're an affiliate, analysing your competitors' outbound traffic can help you determine which affiliate program convert the best.
- Simply enter a competitor's name.
- Goto traffic Journey
- Browse to the "Destination Sites" tab.
- Determine which websites provide affiliate programs and presto—you now have a list of new revenue channels.
- You can export Destination sites csv and check for it.
The same can be said for advertising networks. Utilize the SEMRush keyword research tool to discover keyword ranks and relevant keywords for paid advertising, as well as what your competition is already paying for. By examining the destination sites, you'll be able to determine which advertisements / sponsored links individuals in your niche are most likely to click.
This is not an exact measure of monetization, as it is contingent upon the quality of the affiliate offer or advertisement, but it is a somewhat accurate proxy.
When combined with backlink analysis within the SEMRush dashboard, you can determine the organic search volume and type of paid traffic received by your competitors.
Find Markets that have been overlooked geographically with Semrush Traffic Analytics Tool
Businesses tend to focus on producing English content for the American market. In other markets, content is easy to develop and rank because of the low competition and a supply of talented marketers.
It is another great opportunity to emulate what our competitors are doing well. The competitors analysis of SEMRush is unparalleled. Using the SEMrush Traffic Analytics tool, you can determine if any of your top competitors are having problems reaching foreign markets.
Have a look at the "Destination Sites" tab as expained earlier. If you see significant traffic from another country and see how it is monetized or where it is being directed. This tool can also be used by local businesses to filter irrelevant traffic when they analyze their competitors.
You may well uncover a way to boost your monthly revenue by a few thousand dollars simply by applying this approach.
Finally, Is Semrush Traffic Analytics worth the cost?
Absolutely! It's worth it more than you can imagine! There are 59 other features in the Semrush plans, including the forever free one. This is just one!
Although I'm a longtime fan of Semrush, I think you'd agree that this is an informative and detailed piece, wouldn't you?
With Semrush's additional features (such as backlink gap, keyword gap, domain overview, etc.) , you can analyze your competitor's strategies right down to the core. Let me tell you something.
Semrush shouldn't be bought based on my recommendation. But isn't it worth a try for one week for free? And see explore this powerful ttol and decide whether it will be useful for your business.
Read More | Time Needed For Keyword Research.