Google Recorder: How to share recordings?. The Google Recorder app, which records audio using machine learning and similar to how Google Assistant recognizes speech, uses the same technology. By using this technology, recorded audio is translated into recognizable speech, sentences, and searchable text. Apps like these are what so many students dream of in lecture halls – now it works with cloud storage as well.
It has some powerful features that are hidden behind its simple interface. Recorder.google.com can store recordings and transcriptions if that feature is enabled.
Google Recorder: How to share recordings?
- Open the Recorder app on your Google Pixel device. Pixel 3 or newer is required for cloud features.
- When you first open the app, you will see an informational screen. Then tap “Get Started.”
- Your recordings will now be backed up to the cloud by the app. Tap “Back up recordings” to continue.
- A recording can be made by tapping the red button at the bottom of the screen.
- Press the pause button when you’re done recording to stop it.
- Your location can be added to a recording, which will be useful when you search through recordings. You can do this by selecting “Add Location”.
- Tap “Save” to finish. Adding a title to a recording is the next step.
- Using either the app or the website, you can share recordings. First, let’s talk about the app. Tap and hold a recording in the list.
- The recording will now be highlighted (indicated by a checkmark). You can also select all other recordings to share and then tap the share button. (If you select multiple recordings, only the first two options will be available):
- Share an audio .m4a file.
- Share the transcript as an .txt file or via Google Docs.
- Get the online recording’s link.
- An animated video clip or transcript text can be created as a video clip.
- You can choose the method, and then the app you want to share it with will appear.
- For the second method, use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge to access recorder.google.com.
- Please make sure that your Google account is signed in.
- On the left side of the page, you will see a list of your recordings. Please select one to share.
- On the top-right corner of your profile, tap the three-dot menu icon.
- Then select “Share”.
- Web users are only able to share links. Pick “Private to Me” or “Shared Link,” and then select “Copy Link.”
- In real-time, the recording and transcript can be played wherever you paste the link, depending on your privacy settings. Listening to it using the link won’t require the Recorder app.