Any photos you get in a chat are automatically downloaded and saved in the photo gallery on your phone. So, you can be sure that you'll always be able to access the photos you've received through WhatsApp, even if the chats they were in are deleted.
If you can't see photos you've received through WhatsApp on your Android device, you can easily fix whatsapp image not showing in gallery by choosing to show downloaded media from WhatsApp in the gallery.
If the whatsapp photo not showing gallery you've sent through WhatsApp aren't showing up in your device's Photo Gallery, you may need to make some changes to the "WhatsApp Sent" media folder.
What cause Whatsapp Images Not Showing In Gallery?
WhatsApp video and photo not showing up in gallery issues are typically caused by incorrect app settings, temporary issue with network or a malfunctioning storage device. If a video isn't in the gallery, open WhatsApp and go to a conversation to watch it there. It requires too much effort and is not a lengthy process. Instead, you can manage all of your WhatsApp media through the phone's gallery app. To resolve Whatsapp media not found in gallery can be done using following steps:
1. Enable Media Visibility in WhatsApp
Typically, the issue of c is due to WhatsApp's media visibility settings. If media visibility is disabled, WhatsApp will hide downloaded media from other gallery applications.
How to enable media Visblity in Whatsapp to fix whatsapp media not showing in gallery.
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Tap the three-dot menu on the top right and select Settings.
- Go-To the Chats section.
- Click the toggle next to Media Visibility to turn it on.
2. Check Network Connection of your phone
WhatsApp will immediately start downloading media in the background whenever a mobile data or Wi-Fi connection is available. The app won't be able to save videos to your gallery if your phone is having network connection issues.
To fix any phone network you can use following trick
- Enable and Disable Flight Mode.You can activate Airplane mode in iPhone by swiping down from the top right corner of the screen. You'll be able to turn it off after sometime. On Android, you'll need to swipe down from the top of the screen to access Airplane mode in the notification centre.
- Now try opening and check if your internet connectivity is restored by typing google.com in your phone browser if the the google page came up it means your connectivity is restored.
- If above step do not resolve try Restarting your phone.
3. Check your phone’s Internal Storage
If there isn't enough space on your iPhone or Android, downloaded videos won't show up in the device gallery. You can always get rid of apps that you don't use to free up space on your phone.
4. Enable Media for specific contact in whatsapp
Whatsapp gives you option to hide media of specific contact. So you might have disabled Media for specific contact in past that may be reason why you are not to see the media for that contact in gallery. Re- Enable Media for specific contact in whatsapp follow below steps
- Open the WhatsApp chat for the particular contact.
- Tap the contact name at the top.
- Click on Media Visibility and select Yes to turn it on.
- Else, if you want to hide images from this particular contact in the photos app, set it to No
5. Allow WhatsApp to Save Photos to Camera Roll in iPhone
On iOS, when you download a picture from WhatsApp, it doesn't automatically show up in the Photos app.
You have to manually save each photo to your camera roll, or you can turn on the Save to Camera Roll option in the WhatsApp settings.
Enable Save to Camera Roll option in the WhatsApp settings in iphone.
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad.
- Click on the Settings icon given in the bottom right corner.
- Head to Chat Settings.
- Toggle the switch next to ‘Save Incoming Media‘ or ‘Save to Camera Roll‘ if it’s disabled by default.
Clearly, there are a number of potential causes for WhatsApp photos to not appear in the gallery. All iOS users should double-check that they have the necessary configurations in place. Anyway, please share your successes with us in the comments. If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to ask.
Also read: How to UnArchive Messages on WhatsApp