Is the "Epic Games Launcher is currently running" message appearing? And do you want know How to resolve the "Epic Games Launcher is currently running" error message then this article will help you
The complete error message is as follows: "Epic Games Launcher is currently running. Please close it before continuing". The problem occurs when you attempt to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher while it is still running in the background.
When this occurs, you will be unable to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher unless and until it is closed. You'll learn why it says your Epic Games Launcher is running in this article, as well as how to resolve the "Epic Games Launcher is currently running" mistake.
Why is it indicating that my Epic Games Launcher is still active?
It indicates that the Epic Games Launcher is running because it is open in the background. When you launch the Epic Games Launcher, the process will continue to operate in the background until you exit.
If you attempt to uninstall the launcher while it is running, it will fail. As a result, the "Epic Games Launcher is currently running" error will appear.
You have the option of canceling, retrying, or disregarding the error message. In any case, if you do not close the Epic Games Launcher, the issue will stay. At times, the Epic Games Launcher may be missing from the taskbar.
This indicates that the launcher is not running at the moment. This is not always the case, since it may continue to run in the background.
How to resolve the “Epic Games Launcher is currently running” error message
To resolve the error "Epic Games Launcher is currently running," you must terminate the Epic Games Launcher via task management. After closing the Epic Games Launcher, you can attempt removing it again. After successfully stopping the Epic Games Launcher, you'll be able to uninstall it.
However, you will be unable to uninstall it if it is still running in the background.
When you download the Epic Games Launcher, it is automatically enabled upon startup. This means that the launcher will start automatically when your computer is turned on. Even if the Epic Games Launcher is not open, it will be running in the background. As a result, you must terminate its task from the task manager in order to close it.
Here's how to resolve the "Epic Games Launcher is currently running" error message:
1. Stop the task “EpicGamesLauncher”
To begin, open the task manager.
- To do so, on your keyboard, press "CTRL" + "ALT" + "DEL."
- After opening the task manager, locate "EpicGamesLauncher".
- To access the menu, right-click "EpicGamesLauncher."
- The menu provides numerous options, such as "Expand", "Switch to", and "End task".
- To uninstall the Epic Games Launcher, you must first terminate its task.
- To do so, click "End task" to terminate the launcher's work.
- Step is to ensure that no background processes are running.
- To bring up a toolbar menu, simultaneously press the Windows key and X.
- From toolbar menu select Task Manager.
- Check to see if any EGL processes are running on the Processes tab.
- Terminate them by clicking "End Task" in the bottom right corner.
- The taskbar is another way to close the Epic Games Launcher.
- To do so, click the arrow in the taskbar of Windows. The arrow is positioned to the right of the taskbar in Windows (near to windows clock)
- After clicking the arrow, you'll get a list of the applications currently running in the background.
- The Epic Games Launcher will be one of the applications.
- To exit, right-click the launcher and select "Exit."
2. Uninstall Epic Games Launcher (if you wish to do so).
Remove the Epic Games Launcher from your computer. After closing the Epic Games Launcher, you can now uninstall it (if you wish). You may skip this step if you do not wish to uninstall the launcher.
- To do so, access your computer's control panel.
- The control panel can be accessed by searching for "Control Panel" in the Windows search bar.
- You'll find a "Uninstall a software" option in the control panel.
- To enter the "Uninstall or alter a program" window, click on "Uninstall an application" under "Programs."
- At this point, you must navigate to the Epic Games Launcher.
- After locating the launcher, right-click it to bring up the menu.
- Finally, click "Uninstall" to completely remove the Epic Games Launcher.
This time, you should be able to successfully uninstall the launcher.
By default, the Epic Games Launcher is launched when your computer is turned on. This setting can be changed by navigating to "Startup" in the task manager.
- To access the task manager, press the keyboard shortcuts "CTRL" + "ALT" + "DEL." or press the Windows key and X and choose task manager
- Then choose under the "Startup" from tabs on top.
- Now, you'll see the applications that will start automatically when your computer is turned on.
- Locate and right-click the Epic Games Launcher.
- Finally, select "Disable" to prevent it from automatically beginning.
You can repeat this procedure for other applications to accelerate Windows startup. For programs with a "High" startup impact, it is suggested that you disable the startup.
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.