Instagram is a well known social media application used by millions of people across the boundaries allow users to share their photos and videos with friends, family etc. The photo or video user share on Instagram is displayed on profile on which any followers can comment. Now, if you are an Instagram user and you come across any comment on your posts that contain spam or abusive content, you can simply report these comments or disable it.
Inappropriate, offensive or bullying comments are automatically filtered out from posts, stories and live videos by default from Instagram. But you can always change this setting and disable comments on your posts.
Unfortunately, there is no way through which you can turn off comments across the board you have to disable them on a post-by-post basis. But keep in mind, when you turn off commenting, any comments that are currently on your post will be hidden. So in this article we will learn disable Instagram comments using these easy steps
Disable Instagram comments using these easy steps for live post
- Open the Instagram app on your phone by tapping.
- Tap the photo on which you wish to disable comments from your profile page.
- To see a list of alternatives, tap the three dots in the photo's upper right-hand corner.
- To disable commenting, click "Turn Off Commenting."
- After then, comments will be disabled and can be re-enabled at any time by repeating steps one and two and then tapping "Turn On Commenting."
Disable Instagram comments using these easy steps for new post.
Occasionally, you're already aware that you don't want to view the comments on a post you're about to publish. Instagram will then allow you to disable comments right before the post goes live.
- After selecting the media to include in your post, you'll be taken to the "New Post" screen where at the bottom of the screen, click the "Advanced Settings" option.
- To disable comments before posting, tap the toggle next to the "Turn Off Commenting" option.
- Following that, when you're ready to post, tap the "Share" button to share the post without the ability to leave comments.
- If you change your mind later, you can always reactivate comments. Select "Turn on Commenting" from the menu button in the top-right corner of the Instagram post.
Read More| Here’s how to automatically add captions to your Instagram stories
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.