Do you want to Delete Cache in Microsoft Teams? Read on to get details about Delete Cache in Microsoft Teams.
- The three Cache folders on your Mac or PC must be deleted in order to erase the Microsoft Teams cache.
- On an Android smartphone, you can remove Teams' cache through the Settings app.
- To delete Microsoft Teams' cache on an iPhone or iPad, you'll need to uninstall the app or offload it.
Apps use cache to store temporary data and other items you've accessed recently – this includes video-conferencing apps like Microsoft Teams. And if the cache gets too big, it might make the software perform slower and take up storage space on your system.
Luckily, it doesn't take long to remove Teams' cache, no matter your device.
Quick tip: Be sure to close Microsoft Teams before removing its cache. And be careful that emptying Microsoft Teams' cache can also log you out of your account.
How to Delete Cache in Microsoft Teams on your windows PC
All cached files are stored in the "appdata" folder on a Windows computer.
- Go to your PC's search bar and type in "%appdata%." As soon as it displays, click on it to open the folder.
- The location of this folder in the system files is somewhat obscure.
- Start by going to the Microsoft folder, and then to the Teams folder.
- Here, you'll need to find and delete three specific folders: Cache, Code Cache, and GPUCache.
- Be sure to delete the folders themselves, and not simply what's inside of them.
Don't worry about ruining your Teams app – whenever you restart Teams, it'll create the folders anew, without anything inside.
How to Delete Cache in Microsoft Teams on your Mac
On a Mac, most cached files are kept inside of the "Application Support" folder.
- Click Go at the top of the screen and then Go to Folder in the Finder window you just opened.
- Type and submit /Library/Application Support/Microsoft/Teams into the search box that appears.
- Head to Teams’ dedicated “Application Support” folder.
- In the folder that opens, find and delete the Cache, Code Cache, and GPUCache.
- Right-clicking or dragging them to the Trash icon in your dock will enable you get rid of them quickly and conveniently.
After starting Teams, the folders will reappear, completely empty, the next time you open it.
How to Delete Cache in Microsoft Teams on your Android
You may erase the cache for any app on your Android phone or tablet by going to the app's "Storage" page.
- Open the Settings app and tap Storage, and then Apps.
- Go to the Apps menu and select "Teams."
- Select the Clear cache option.
Once you tap the “Clear” option, it’ll gray out.
How to Delete Cache in Microsoft Teams on your iPhone or iPad
Apple's mobile devices make it more difficult to remove the cache. To erase Teams' cache on your iPhone or iPad, you'll need to either offload or uninstall the program.
Offloading an app will wipe all of its temporary data, like the cache, but preserves the program's icon and most critical data on your device. Its icon and all its data are deleted when the program is uninstalled.
- Open the Settings app and tap General, and then either iPhone Storage or iPad Storage.
- Wait a few moments for a list of all your apps to load, then scroll down and choose Teams from the list.
- You can choose to Offload or Delete the app.
The amount of data deleted varies depending on the selection.
The Remove App option will appear if you hold your finger down on the app's icon until you are prompted to confirm the deletion.
Once you've offloaded or deleted Teams, feel free to redownload it again.
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.