The Maps app has seen a number of significant enhancements in iOS 15, including better driving instructions, enhanced public transportation directions, and more immersive augmented reality (AR) walking directions.
Apple has introduced a new feature called Guidelines Home, which features editorially chosen guides that offer advice on things to do in the cities where you reside or are planning a trip.
How to Enable Wide Spectrum Audio on a FaceTime Call in iOS 15
How to Factory Reset HomePod Mini
How to Blur Your Background on a FaceTime Call in iOS 15
How to Move iOS 15 Safari’s Address Search Bar Back to Top
How to Use the Apple Maps Guide Section in iOS 15 to Find Fun Things to Do
- Drag the main menu card up with your finger at any time in the Maps app to explore Apple's guides.
- Scroll down to the "Editor's Picks" section to see the guides that Apple is promoting right now.
- To return to the main Guides Home page, select Explore Guides instead.
- Editor's Picks are located at the top of the Guides Home, followed by seasonal guides, the most recent guides, and finally cities.
- There is a section at the bottom of the page that allows you to search by publisher. At the top of Guides Home, you can switch between global and continent-specific city guides by tapping the chevron at the top right of the page.
- After opening a guide, you'll be presented with a map detailing the locations mentioned in the editorial. For further information, you can either tap on a place or scroll down the guide to read its brief description.
- Toward the top of the editorial section are links to the publisher's website, as well as choices to save or share the guide you've just read. As soon as you choose to save a guide, you'll find it under "My Guides" on the main Maps menu card.
- In order to get additional information about a write-up, tap the icon above it and it will appear in the map.
- For easy access while you're out and about, you may create your own personal guide by tapping the Add button next to a certain location in the tour. The complete article will open in Safari if you click the "Find More" button.
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.