Lenovo’s E15 ThinkPad is the company’s entry-level ThinkPad model. It is primarily aimed at those who are looking for a long-lasting office laptop with great input devices that is also affordable. The new G3 model is equipped with AMD Ryzen 5000 CPUs and higher-quality screens than the previous generation. A long-standing issue with previous Lenovo models has been effectively resolved as a consequence of our effort.
The Ryzen 5000 CPUs give a substantial performance boost and deliver outstanding performance, particularly when running multi-core applications on the same system. While modern Intel models, which benefit from high initial power constraints and then frequently slow down, the ThinkPad E15 G3 AMD’s performance remains steady over a lengthy period of time, in compared to contemporary Intel models When the system is overworked, on the other hand, this might result in abnormally high surface temperatures.
Lenovo continues to use AMD processors with Zen2 cores; the ThinkPad L15, on the other hand, is equipped with the speedier Zen3 CPUs. In terms of paper, the latter looks to be similar, and you may not notice any significant differences between the two models at first sight, but the L15 is more business-oriented than the T-series, which is significantly more costly. Additionally, you will receive additional security measures, like as the previously mentioned Zen3 CPUs and Ryzen Pro models with better security capabilities (akin to Intel’s vPro technology), as well as more current ports on the L15 motherboard. Instead, the ThinkPad E15 G3 provides only the bare requirements, including a slow USB 2.0 connection, which makes for a frustrating experience.
Also read about Lenovo Unveils the ThinkStation P350 Workstation Desktop
The keyboard has stayed mostly unaltered from the previous iteration, which is a favourable trend in the industry. With this model, you get 1.8 mm key travel, which is significantly more than other more expensive ThinkPads that trade key travel for a smaller chassis. This also results in a far more rich typing experience. We can only hope that Lenovo does not make the same error again with the keyboard on the next model in the series.
Specification of ThinkPad E15 AMD G3
- Processor AMD® Ryzen™ 5 5500U Processor (6 Cores / 12 Threads, 2.10 GHz, up to 4.00 GHz with Max Boost, 3 MB Cache L2 / 8 MB Cache L3)
- Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64
- Display Type 15.6″FHD, IPS, Anti-Glare, LED Backlight, Narrow Bezel, 45%NTSC, Non-Touch 1920×1080
- Memory 8.0GB DDR4-3200 SDRAM SODIMM 3200MHz + 8.0GB DDR4-3200 DDR4 Onboard 3200MHz
- First Hard Drive 512GB SSD, M.2 2242, PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe, TLC
- Warranty One Year Onsite
- AC Adapter 65W
- Graphics AMD Radeon Graphics
- Battery 3 Cell Li-Polymer
- Bluetooth Bluetooth Version 5.0
- Camera 720p HD Camera with Dual Array Integrated Digital Microphone & ThinkShutter
- Fingerprint Reader Fingerprint Reader
- Keyboard Backlit 6-row with Ultranav English (US)
- Wireless RTL8822CE 2×2 ac
Overall, we recommend the Lenovo ThinkPad E15 G3 because to its great price-to-performance ratio and portability.