In the past few months, more and more people have found that they sometimes can't add music to Instagram. In particular, the music sticker in Instagram Stories hasn't worked the way people thought it would. If you try to use Instagram's music library and find that it doesn't work, here are some simple ways to fix the problem and get you back up and running.
- It's not strange if Instagram's music library doesn't work with your Story, and it can be easy to fix.
- If you can't use the music sticker, make sure your app is up to date or log out and back in.
- Some Instagram users have also been able to turn on music by switching from a Professional account to a Personal account.
How to find if Someone is Stalking You On Instagram
Here is how you fix the Instagram Reel Zero Views bug
How do I get rid of my Instagram account?
Here's how to fix instagram story music not working.
How to check Instagram Music Sticker Working
Start by seeing if the music sticker is available and working for you. Tap the plus sign at the top of the screen, then tap Story in the menu that appears. You can add a picture or video to your story.
Now you can tap the Music icon or tap Stickers and then choose the Music sticker. In either case, Instagram's music library should have a long list of songs to choose from. If you don't, try some of the steps below to fix the problem.
Make sure the Instagram app is the latest version.
If you haven't updated your Instagram app in a while, it's possible that the version you have doesn't yet support music or has a bug that stops Instagram Music from working properly.
It's best to leave automatic updates turned on so that your apps update themselves, but you can also force apps like Instagram to update themselves manually. Here's how to manually update the Instagram app on Android, and the process is the same if you have an iPhone:
- Search the app for the App Store.
- Tap the search icon in the bottom right corner and type "Instagram" into the search box.
- If there is an update for the app, the button will say "Update." Click it. If not, it will say "Open," which means you are already up-to-date.
Switch Back to personal account.
Some users have said that when they switched to an Instagram Business account, they lost access to music. If you are logged into a Professional account, it is easy to switch back to your Personal account to see if that fixes the problem. You don't have to worry about losing access to your professional account because you can switch between the two as often as you like.
- In the bottom right corner, go to your profile page.
- Tap the three-line menu in the top right corner, and then tap Settings in the menu that comes up.
- Select "Account."
- Go to the bottom of the page and click on "Switch to Personal Account."
It might take a while for your personal account's music feature to work again.
Relogin to Instagram
Signing out of Instagram and then back in again is another way to fix a bug. It's possible that the music feature will be back when you log back in.
- In the bottom right corner, go to your profile page.
- Tap the three-line menu in the top right corner of the page, and then tap Settings in the menu that comes up.
- Go to the bottom of the page and tap "Log Out."
- Sign back into Instagram with the same account information.
Re-Install the app again.
If logging out and back in didn't fix the problem, there might be a problem with how you installed the Instagram app, or the app's data cache could be corrupted and stop it from working properly. In either case, the app can be easily fixed by removing it and then reinstalling it. You'll have to log back in with your usual account information, but nothing will be lost from your Instagram account.
After removal, just download a new version from Google Play or the App Store and sign in again.
Check to see if Instagram is having problems with service.
There could be parts of Instagram that aren't working, which could make it hard for you to use parts of the app like the music library. You could check Instagram's status page on DownDetector to see if the service is down or having a major problem.
Contact Instagram’s customer service.
If none of these fixes worked to get Instagram Music back on your device, you might need to contact Instagram's customer service. Instagram has a phone number for customer service and a large help center with support articles, frequently asked questions, and a way to report problems. Here's how to get in touch with Instagram's customer service for more information.
How do I use the Instagram music sticker to add music to my Instagram stories?
The music sticker was probably made by Instagram to compete with music.ly. When this feature came out, music.ly was a very popular app among teens. You'll be able to add a music sticker to your story just like you can add a poll, location, or gif.
- Make sure you're using the most up-to-date version of the Instagram app.
- Start up Instagram and sign in.
- Tap the plus sign next to your profile picture or click the camera icon in the top right corner after you've signed in.
- To take a picture or video, hold down the button.
- Just let go of the button when you're done recording the video or taking the picture.
- You can also use your phone to upload a picture.
- Then, tap the sticker icon and look inside for the music sticker.
- Choose a song you enjoy.
- You can also search for something.
- You can listen to a preview of the song and then move forward to find the part you like and cut it.
- Put the piece of music over your picture.
- Check to see if everything is in order.
- When you're done checking, send out the story.
Hi, I’m vijay dhanda, a tech enthusiast and blogger with a passion for computer and electronics. With years of experience in the field, I love sharing my knowledge and expertise with others through my technical blogs. Along with my love for technology, I’m also interested in games and health. Whether I’m writing about the latest gaming trends, new electronics gadgets, or sharing my health tips and tricks, my goal is to provide readers with valuable insights and information they can rely on. Hope you like the content I am writing and share your feedback.