In this article you will see Unusual Items You Didn't Know You Could Purchase With Cryptocurrency. The majority of individuals purchase and hold cryptocurrencies in the hope that it would eventually replace fiat currencies and hence increase in value. However, some are increasingly wanting to spend it, with 40% of cryptocurrency holders intending to make a purchase in the coming year, according to a recent survey.
While the alternatives for doing so remain few (and confusing), shops are increasingly giving ways for you to utilise your cryptocurrency as currency.
Here are some items you can currently purchase using cryptocurrency:
- Coffee: You'll need the Bakkt app for this, however you can convert Bitcoin to Starbucks credits via the Starbucks app. If you're a frequent client and app user, this may be a straightforward way to spend cryptocurrency.
- Travel: Numerous travel businesses accept cryptocurrency for airline and hotel reservations (we did a post about all your options here). The standout is Travala, which has partnered with Expedia; cryptocurrency holders may also use it to book one of the Expedia Group's more than 700,000 hotels and rooms.
- Gift cards: In exchange for cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ehtereum, services such as eGifter and Gyft give gift cards to stores such as Sony, the NBA Store, Spotify, Southwest Airlines, and Nordstrom. Of course, gift cards add another layer of complexity if you prefer to spend directly with these stores—but for the time being, gift cards enable you to spend at a wide selection of retailers who do not ordinarily accept bitcoin.
- Sports events: The NBA's Sacramento Kings, Dallas Mavericks, and Miami Dolphins, as well as the NHL's San Jose Sharks, all accept cryptocurrency as payment for tickets. Additionally, the MLB's Oakland A's now accept Bitcoin for a limited number of luxury box suites.
- Porn: Both Mindgeek, which operates a number of pornographic websites (including Pornhub), and Chaturbate take cryptocurrencies. According to the New York Times, bitcoin can be used anonymously, making it the prefered payment method for those who do not want their spending to be tracked.
- Art: For large-item auctions, Sotheby's and Christie's accept the cryptocurrencies Ethereum and Bitcoin. Additionally, while this artwork would be entirely digital, you could dabble in the extremely speculative world of non-fungible tokens, or NFTs. Additionally, there are a variety of marketplaces to pick from.
- Cars: You've surely heard by now that bitcoin can be used to purchase a Tesla. It has received widespread attention, but it is not easy. Once you've committed to purchasing a Tesla with Bitcoin, you must follow through or else you'll miss out on the opportunity. You will have 30 minutes to complete your purchase, and Tesla will not refund overpayments or transactions delivered to the incorrect address. If you have a way to transfer a vehicle from the United Kingdom, you can also purchase a BMW using bitcoins, but you must go through a third-party site.
- Furnishings: Are you in the market for new furniture? Overstock is capable of accepting your Bitcoin. Simply add the items to your cart and select "Pay with Bitcoin" during the checkout process. Naturally, there is a catch. Combining bitcoins with Overstock.com gift cards, in-store credit, Club O incentives, and/or discounts is not permitted. Consider Fancy.com if you're seeking for upscale goods. Fancy, based in New York City, sells its products by customers submitting images on social media. You can use Bitcoin or Bitcoin Cash to make purchases on Fancy.
- Fast Food: While we're on the subject of food, there are several fast-food places that accept cryptocurrency payments. Subway is one among them. Over the last decade, a number of locations have announced their support of Bitcoin.
- Socks: Yes, bitcoins may be used to keep your feet warm. MtSocks offers a diverse selection of one-of-a-kind socks that can be purchased using bitcoins. If you're looking to trade socks, the Unisocks Exchange allows you to do so using digital currency. To begin, you'll need to connect your digital wallet.
Read More | Top Cryptocurrency Telegram Channels in 2021